- Carlisle, PA
Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet seeks to fill the immediate opening for the full-time position of Development Manager
Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet (CPYB) is a nationally and internationally recognized school of classical ballet headquartered in Carlisle, Pa. Established in 1955 by Founding Artistic Director Marcia Dale Weary, our threefold mission is to inspire, educate and enrich the lives of our students and the region through training in and the performance of classical ballet.
The Development Manager is part of the Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet’s Development team. This position works in support of the advancement of the exceptional mission and vision of CPYB by supporting and collaborating with the Director of Development in implementing the annual development plan, including the annual fund, planned giving, and special events.
- Support Director of Development in implementing the annual development plan
- Receive and record donations, generate thank you letters
- Maintain donor database
- Manage and support the Gala committee to create a successful annual fundraising event
- Organize and manage donor recognition and stewardship events, including Before the Curtain
- Manage direct mail and email for development campaigns
- Work with Marketing Department on all Development related communications, creative, and social media needs.
- Manage Alumni Relations, including Alumni of the Year campaign
- Manage Corps de Ballet Volunteer Program
- Assist with maintaining Development budget
- Prepare necessary Development statistics for grants and related reports
- Manage grant application/reporting calendar
- Manage existing sponsorships and partnerships, including benefits and marketing inclusions
- Assist with obtaining new sponsorships
- Manage EITC partnerships
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required and 3-5 years' experience
- CFRE a plus, but not required
- Database and budget management experience required
- Event management experience highly desirable
- Grant writing experience a plus
- Skills to manage/create presentation materials, newsletters, and other outreach materials necessary
- Experience with Constant Contact a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of dance, and specifically ballet, a plus
This position if often privy to confidential information and as such, requires strong communication skills, complete discretion, and utmost diplomacy.
Full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position: E-mail your cover letter and resume to CPYB Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.